Company: Magnetic ( www.magnetic.com )
Headquarters: New York City, NY
Position base: New York City, NY
Magnetic is tackling the high-volume, low-latency world of real-time online ad auctions, and we need your help. We measure our current traffic in millions and billions of events per day across four data centers, and we’re only just getting started. Are you an expert in building distributed systems? Do you know Python forward and back? Are you excited by shaving fractions of a millisecond off of your code’s processing time, and seeing the impact of your optimizations in production? If so, we want to hear from you.
Magnetic is looking for talented, passionate, experienced, and entrepreneurial Python Engineer to help bring our all-Python platform to the next level. As a Senior Python Developer, you will help to shape the evolution of Magnetic’s technology stack based on best practices, industry standards, and business needs. You will play a key role in defining our architecture, component, and database choices. You will contribute to our quality-oriented culture, lead code reviews, and enhance our fully automated testing infrastructure. Most importantly, you will have fun working with a team of dedicated and experienced Pythonistas in our New York City headquarters.
What you’ll be doing:
- • Designing reliable, fault-tolerant distributed systems in Python
- • Researching new open source tools and frameworks, and prototyping components
- • Defining the future of Magnetic’s back-end technology stack
- • Leading code reviews to ensure compliance with Python best practices
- • Working directly with product team and business users to manage requirements
- • 3 years of hands on Python back-end development experience
- • Great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to create technical specifications, manage projects and small teams, debate technical tradeoffs, and explain technical concepts to business users
- • Proficiency in working and developing on Linux: redhat, centos, fedora, or ubuntu
- • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- • Experience using or building high-volume distributed systems
- • Experience with “NoSQL” databases such as HBase, MongoDB, or Cassandra
- • Experience with Key-Value stores such as Memcached, Kyoto Tycoon, or Aerospike
- • Experience in Agile development, and able to integrate tightly with business and operations teams
- • Experience in building systems for an Internet startup, advertising network, or search engine
Magnetic, the leader in search retargeting, specializes in reaching consumers with relevant display ads based on their search history. As the partner of choice for leading Fortune 500 brands, Magnetic powers both brand awareness and direct response campaigns through its core capabilities which include search retargeting, advanced media optimization, programmatic buying, site retargeting and extensive creative opportunities.
Magnetic uses billions of search data points to build audiences and effectively reach consumers across a wide range of inventory sources. This includes exchange media and premium channels available through direct publisher partners. Magnetic is headquartered in NYC, and has offices in Los Angeles, Chicago & Detroit.
For more information, please visit http://www.magnetic.is.
Magnetic - 13 months ago