We require our Shift Managers/Supervisors to be enthusiastically passionate about delivering outstanding Guest service while sincerely caring about the people they oversee. Our business and our Guests are both very diverse which creates an exciting atmosphere. He or she must be very detail oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize. The Shift Manager/Supervisor will oversee a team of Associates in a fast-paced environment and excellent decision making abilities are a must. Our Managers/Supervisors are required to adhere to and enforce our strict dress code. We do not allow full beards, body piercing or tongue posts. Tasteful tattoos are allowed. Gentlemen may have a single visible earring. Hair must be neatly groomed and of a natural color. No radical dyes or hair styles will be allowed. Gentlemen must have their hair up off of the collar. If hired for this position you must provide proper documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States, be willing to undergo a criminal background, credit, and employment reference check, and be at least 16 years of age.
Sapp Bros. is a place where everyone works hard to be the very best by being the friendliest and cleanest truck stop chain in the United States. This is not an easy job, but it is very rewarding to serve the traveling public and trucking industry. We offer many nationwide opportunities for career advancement for managers who can lead a team of people that consistently deliver “Wow” service. Below is a partial list of duties that one could expect to perform on a typical shift:
- Make sure every Guest is greeted with a smile
- Make sure every Guest is thanked for their business and invited to return
- Check in vendors
- Build a display
- Train newly hired Associates
- Coach existing associates to higher levels of service
- Conduct cash audits at least once per shift
- Inspect work environment for safety hazards
- Remove obstacles preventing faster and friendlier Guest service
- Inspect property inside and out and take action to ensure we are running the cleanest truck stops in the United States
- Sign for gasoline and diesel fuel deliveries
- Occasionally break the rules to satisfy a customer, manage by the Golden Rule
- Order supplies and merchandise
- Put away orders and stock shelves
- Never use the word “policy”
- Make people decisions based upon our Values
- Cover for Associates to allow for breaks and lunches
- Communicate procedural changes to Associates
- Enthusiastically encourage Associates to participate in contests and promotions
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings
- Brew coffee and clean fountain area
- Communicate scanning problems or incorrectly priced merchandise
- Achieve shift labor budget goals
- Constantly deliver faster and friendlier service by shuffling Associate placement as necessary and jumping in on a register to help when needed.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with arms and hands.
- Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally required to lift and / or move items up to 65 pounds
- Vision requirements: Close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust to different lighting conditions.