At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We know that hour by hour and day by day, we advance the quality of life by making environments safe, comfortable and efficient. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Schlage® , Thermo King® , and Trane® , contribute to a world defined by sustainable progress and enduring results.
Ingersoll Rand’s Security Technologies Sector is looking for a well-rounded, technical writer / technical illustrator to plan, research, write, and create technical literature designed to instruct our users on how to operate and install various products. This role includes development of text and graphics for our installation sheets, service manuals, and templates.
Key accountabilities include:
- Create all vector based graphic content of service manuals, templates, and installation sheets.
- Write, review, and edit documents for clarity and ease of use including: service manuals, installation sheets and templates.
- Gather and research information for written materials.
- Support New Product Development, sustaining engineering, and Value Engineering’s technical literature needs.
- Work directly with project managers, marketing representatives and engineers to understand the products, collect feedback, and update documentation accordingly.
- Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
- Obtain a full understanding of the subject matter including target audience by using the products and interacting with product teams.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that documentation projects meet content and schedule objectives.
- Ensure usability of documentation by testing document validity against products.
- Manage small tech writing projects throughout the entire process. This includes attendance of meetings, managing phase 1-5 checklists, as well as managing evt, dvt, alpha, and beta deadlines, and releasing documents through the EC process.
- Bachelors degree in Technical Writing, English, or Graphic Arts OR 2+ years experience creating technical graphics, and/or writing technical documentation for manufacturing or software products.
- Proven experience using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign or their equivalents.
- Knowledge of ISO draw and Adobe FrameMaker is a plus.
- Ability to create and modify technical graphics.
- Understanding of mechanical concepts.
- Strong, proven writing and communication skills.
- Ability to assimilate technical concepts quickly and present technical information clearly and concisely for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player with solid collaboration skills.
- Ability to create polished documents without the aid of an editor and aggressive deadlines while making progress on priority items.
Our Security Technologies sector helps make the places we live, work and play safe, secure and productive. Security Technologies supplies global leading commercial security products and services. The segment’s market-leading products include electronic and biometric access control systems; time-and-attendance and personnel scheduling systems; mechanical locks; portable security; and mechanical and electronic security products such as door closers, exit devices, architectural hardware, and steel doors and frames.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ingersoll Rand - 19 months ago
Ingersoll Rand is a global diversified firm in which our people, our products, our systems and our services work together to inspire...