GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Lead Specialist – Embedded Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for utilization of circuit design simulation tools, develop, implement, & test embedded code, and develop, implement, and test FPGA applications. You will be responsible for the implementation of electromechanical systems & solutions and will work with GE business units to define real time systems and hardware architectures, model real time systems, develop microelectronic systems, and execute research programs.
Define, model, simulate, design, implement, analyze, and realize real time critical electronics systems. Systems include electric power generation, renewable energy integration, transmission, distribution automation, critical controls for oil & gas, distribution and management, turbine controls and communication hardware. Focus on analog and digital design, embedded C++, embedded system microcontrollers, as well as FPGA programming and test.
As a Lead Specialist – Embedded Electronics, you will:
- Work with our teams in Healthcare, Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas, and others to create leading embedded electronics solutions.
- Interpret larger system requirements and flow down needs as it relates to embedded, microelectronic designs
- Leverage FPGA and design tools to develop and implement advanced embedded designs
- Share technical knowledge with others in the group, team and across the organization; Interact and collaborate with technical colleagues and cross-organizational groups
- Become proficient in the implementation of real time, embedded systems including analog & digital systems, DSP’s, microcontrollers, digital filter designs, and FPGA’s
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering , or Computer System Engineering (or related disciplines with at least 5 years of related experience)
- Experience with simulation tools including OrCad & Spice
- Structured programming experience in C++, Assembler, & VHDL, Verilog, and/or C/C++
- Demonstrated core understanding in real time embedded systems & control theory
- Demonstrated expertise in industrial electronics
- Experience in communication systems
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 17 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...