Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer spectacular accommodations, a relaxing Spa, fine-dining and legendary service.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Initiate contact with guests entering the hotel;
- Approach guests needing assistance;
- Ensuring that the front doors are opened for all arriving and departing guests;
- During non-peak hours 1 bellman will post at the elevators in the lower lobby to assist with guests;
- Announce arrival of check-in guest via "Push-to-talk" to the Front Desk in the event that they are not escorted;
- Deliver luggage to the guest room within 8 minutes of guest arrival;
- Be familiar with the hotel operating system in order to check room statues;
- Be familiar with the entire room product including IT&T equipment;
- Be familiar with all hotel services including spa and dining;
- Be knowledgeable of all daily activities, functions and Preferred Guests;
- Be familiar with local establishments and activities i.e. Restaurants, night clubs, shows;
- Report and suspicious behavior, function as security to control human traffic;
- Deliver messages, packages and facsimiles within 15 minutes of receipt;
- Delivery of newspapers;
- Actively listen and communicate specific guest requests accurately to the concierge, reception, housekeeping, room service and PBX colleagues to ensure complete follow up;
- Remove luggage from guest rooms upon check out;
- Ability to promote positive relations with all individuals who approach the Bell Stand and by telephone;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guest information and pertinent hotel data;
- Be an ambassador to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Company at all times, in and outside of one's workplace;
- Assist guests in locating and retrieving lost luggage;
- Assist Door Person with unloading and loading of vehichle;
- Assist Valet Drivers with the parking of vehicles;
- Assist Concierge staff with guest requests and services including: retrieval of items from guest rooms, banquet areas and public areas, flower delivery and other items as requested;
- Assist in arranged en-masse luggage arrival and departure, as well as coordinated group room deliveries;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ensuring that the bell storage and all other bell related areas are kept clean and organized;
- Ensuring that all bell carts are clean and polished every day and any damage or malfunctions are brought to the attention of the FSM or Duty Manager;
- Know and deliver LQE's and SOP's as well as work by the company rules.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Able to multi-task and remain composed at all times.
- The ability to work well in a team environment.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Able to lift up to 100 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- 2 years Bellperson experience within a luxury hotel setting.
- Additional languages are advantageous.
- First Aid and CPR trained.
Mandarin Oriental - 22 months ago