Customs & Border Protection Officer|
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is hiring CBP Officers to work on the Northern and Southern borders at more than 300 ports of entry for one of the Department of Homeland Securitys (DHSs) largest agencies. CBPs priority mission is protecting our nations borders by keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the United States.
- Use state-of-the-art technology and training at international airports, seaports and land borders, deterring illegal entry to our country
- Facilitate the orderly flow of legitimate trade and travelers
- Enforce laws related to immigration, revenue and trade, seizure of contraband, and interdiction of agricultural pests and diseases
- Manage admissibility of persons and goods into the United States, including inspections of individuals and conveyances
Customs & Border Protection OfficerKEY REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and be referred for selection prior to their 37th birthday (waiver for qualified veterans).
- Candidates must have residency in the United States for at least the past three years, and pass a thorough background investigation and polygraph examination, as well as pass a written exam, medical exam, physical fitness tests, video-based test and drug test.
- Applicants must also have a valid state drivers license.
- Candidates proficient in languages such as Pashto, Hindi, Arabic and Persian, as well as those spoken in (but not limited to) Eastern and Western Europe, Central Europe and Asia, and Southwest Asia, are encouraged to apply.
- New hires must successfully complete 17-19 weeks of classroom and field training at the CBP Academy, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, Ga.
- Salary starting at $31,315.00; up to $57,408.00 after three years
- Full range of federal health, retirement and insurance benefits
- Paid job-related training
- Credit for military service
- Veterans Preference
- Veterans Educational Benefits Program (VEBP)
Join Americas Frontline. Apply today.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CareerBuilder - 8 months ago
Should the Department of Homeland Security (www.dhs.gov) raise the current threat level, it would seemingly increase to a High Condition...