Responsible for providing professional legal services as needed by the City.
Special Notices to Applicants
1. Assists and provides legal counsel to city departments and city boards as assigned by the City Attorney.
2. Conducts research and prepares oral and written opinions as directed.
3. Keeps informed of State and Federal legislation and judicial decisions affecting operations of the City.
4. Drafts and/or reviews assigned contracts, commercial documents, business letters, pleadings and other legal documents.
5. Counsels with various departments, prepares written recommendations, opinions correspondence or other related work as required.
6. Prepares and prosecutes municipal court cases and other attendant duties of the criminal division in absence of the attorneys there or as requested by City Attorney.
7. Acts as legal advisor to the Mayor’s Drug and Crime Prevention Commission.
8. Provides citizens with information concerning the City Code and other municipal law matters.
9. Prepares ordinances, resolutions, deeds, and municipal forms as needed.
10. Provides legal counsel for the Odessa Development Corporation as directed.
11. Assists other attorneys with specific projects as needed.
12. Performs other special assignments or legal services directed by the City Attorney.