Minimum 1 year experience preferred
Under direct supervision of the Executive Chef/Food Service Manager, this position is responsible for preparing high quality food in accordance with established menus and recipes for residents and guests according to production schedule. A willingness to learn fine dinning food production according to high standards of quality, cleanliness and sanitation are integral to this position.
- NRA ServSafe Certificate is required
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) or Technical training beyond high school is preferred
- 1 year or more experience is preferred
- Experience with quantity food preparation, demonstrated cooking skills and ability to follow established menus and recipes
- Work requires basic knowledge of reading, writing and math in order to interpret food production schedule and use recipes correctly
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment (ovens, steam equipment, food processors, mixers, fryers, grills, broilers, slicers and small production equipment)
- Must possess the ability to interact with staff, residents and family members in a tactful and respectful manner
- Must possess the ability to prioritize work to meet production schedule.
- Previous experience in restaurant or food service establishment required
MaineGeneral Health - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard