The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation seeks a creative and innovative self-starter to fill the role of Digital Communication Coordinator. This person will play a key role in all facets of the Foundation’s interactive/digital communications work, including email, social media, and creative copy.
Primary responsibility of the Digital Communication Coordinator will be the day-to-day upkeep of the online face of the Foundation, www.pedaids.org . Working closely with all elements of the Brand Management and Interactive Communications team, this position will execute website updates, manage the Foundation’s extensive library of video and images, and distribute social media content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Manage content updates on Foundation web properties, including www.pedaids.org and www.amothersfight.org ;
- Utilize content management system to maintain and refresh content as necessary;
- Work to ensure that online content reflects and enhances printed products, media activities and organizational initiatives;
- Support the development and reporting of all digital analytics and trending;
- Manage the Foundation’s extensive library of photos and video (duties include liaising with photographers to arrange for transfer of assets, ingesting and accurately cataloguing all incoming assets);
- Coordinate photo and b-roll video requests;
- Assist the Social Media Coordinator with social media writing and distribution;
- Collaborate with Development staff to develop social media content for “Up4TheFight” Dance Marathon program;
- Update targeted blogger lists;
- Assist in monitoring the Foundation’s brand online by following online conversation (tweets, Facebook messages, blog posts, etc).
- Assist in developing ongoing digital content strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Experience in communications, public relations, and/or the non-profit sector preferred
- Project management experience a plus
- Ability to learn a content management system and manage large libraries of photo and video
- Ability to work independently and initiate activities proactively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Some web and social media writing experience a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong people skills
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation - 13 months ago