An independent subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc,
National Government Services (NGS)
is one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, serving nearly 200,000 providers and suppliers and over 20 million customers with Medicare in 20 states and five U.S. territories.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
NGS Financial/Account Ops Specialist
will be responsible for performing diverse operational financial and policy activities of a non-routine nature. Interprets and communicates departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Receives, validates and enters information into Finance systems.
- Adheres to maintained internal controls and tracking reports for reconciliations and analysis.
- Monitors and updates controls to ensure compliance.
- Conducts independent analysis for the purpose of resolving complex and varied work process issues.
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2012 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at
- Requires HS Diploma; 4-5 years relevant work experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- AA Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Medicare background is preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills is a must.
- AR/AP experience and Medicare background preferred.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
*Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
program can be found in My HR.
American Imaging Management
- 2 years ago - save job
We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take a more...