Location: Wisconsin, US
Pitney Bowes Presort Services is the leading outsource provider of mail presort services for First-Class and Standard Class automated mail in the US. with the largest network of operating centers in the nation. We're a trusted work-share partner of the United States Postal Service®, processing more than 14 billion pieces of mail annually.
Since 1995, Pitney Bowes Presort Services (formerly known as PSI) has been known for reliability, accuracy and high levels of personal service. As part of Pitney Bowes, a $6 billion company, we help our clients discover innovative ways to send mail more effectively
Pitney Bowes is seeking a Equipment Technician ( 3rd Shift) to work in our Brown Deer, Wisconsin location
The hours for this position will be 12am -8:30am Wednesday-Sunday ( 40 hours per/week)
Must be available to work additional hours when needed
Summary: Provides technical support to production equipment in our Presorting facility
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for mechanical and electronic repairs of all equipment including printer and mail sorting equipment.
- Completes preventative maintenance according to Mail Preparation Total Quality Management and vendor operating standards.
- Responds to equipment break down or emergency situations with urgency and expediency.
- Consistently utilizes inventory, pm schedule and work order systems and maintains the spare parts/supply inventory.
- Evaluates and assesses equipment problems by troubleshooting and completing repairs in a timely manner.
- Communicates and/or escalates serious equipment issues to the Lead Technician
- Attends appropriate technical training classes
- Studies, reviews and utilizes vendor technical manuals, publications or updates, as needed, to remain familiar with all changes or modifications to equipment.
- Assists other Pre Sort mail locations with moving and/or installing of equipment as needed.
- Responds to a pager/cell phone during on-call periods or during emergency situations.
- Regular attendance
"All interested individuals must apply online. Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. Woman, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply." Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
High School Diploma or Equivalent ( GED)
Experience trouble-shooting and repairing complex mechanical equipment
At least 1 year of break/fix mechanical experience
Experience in building and enhancing Customer relationships
Ability to adapt to changing environment in the areas of products and technology, customer personalities and customer knowledge levels
Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems, establish priorities, and work under deadline pressures.
Ability to communicate clearly, explain equipment maintenance or repair needs to management technicians and other employees
Must work well with others in a team environment
Must be able to take instruction or direction
The ability to read and follow schematics
The ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as required
Ability to use basic electrical/electronic testing equipment
Significant amount of standing, walking, and lifting at least 50 pounds required
Willingness to submit a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Minimum of one year of experience in maintaining, repairing, or installing mailing or comparable equipment.
- Successful completion of Electronics course work usually provided in a program at a trade school or community college. AA degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related field of study is preferred.
- Familiarity with Windows PC environment as it pertains to the operation of automated equipment.
To learn more about Pitney Bowes and the many other opportunities available, please visit www.pb.com/careers
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location...