The Visitor Services Associate position is pivotal within the Toy and Miniature Museum structure. This individual will be responsible for the first impression visitors have of the museum and their experience within the museum. This position resides under the umbrella of Education and Interpretation and will function as part of the education team. Duties include managing the museum store and front-of-house operations. The Museum is looking for a dynamic candidate who loves working with people, is interested in museums and has stellar communication skills.
- Complete and implement new merchandising plan in conjunction with the Museum’s interpretive mission
- Manage all aspects of the Museum Store which includes staffing, cash management and accounting, and ordering supplies and merchandise
- Documenting Museum Store policies and procedures
- Manage front-of house operations to include ticket window, group tour receiving, and volunteer check-in
- Documenting Visitor Services policies and procedures
- Responsible for reporting facility problems to the appropriate department
- Checking restrooms, galleries and exhibits to maintain order and cleanliness
High school diploma or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
· Three years responsible office experience or three years of related education or training beyond high school.
· The ability to type may be necessary depending on the position available.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· At least 2 years of full-time retail experience
· Demonstrated ability to manage budget and finances
- Enjoy working with people
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest and experience in museum work, merchandising and education
Full Time/Part Time
Salary range starts at $12.47 per hour.
Application materials must be submitted online at www.umkc.edu/jobs. Applicants must combine all application materials (personal letter of interest with accompanying resume and a list of references) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how to aply, please call (816) 235-1621, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.
University of Missouri - Kansas City - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard