Job Description:GENERAL FUNCTION:|
The Process Technician – Engineering is responsible for
the execution of test plans, evaluations, and
experimentation in the development of new products, the
qualification of products targeted for launch, and
support during the integration phase. The essential
functions of this position include the following:MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
specifications, documenting process conditions,
- Monitor process variables for compliance to process
variances and compliance.
plans, evaluations or experiments.
- Organize product runs and execute pre defined test
maintenance requirements are in compliance.
- Insure equipment operation, calibrations, and
manufacture of optical lenses, with emphasis on
- Operate proficiently all equipment used in the
surfacing operations and analysis.
- Participates in performing complex experiments for
appropriate vendors and technical partners
- Prepares samples and participates in testing with
such as design attributes, ophthalmic results, and
- Analyze product samples for critical requirements,
of product development, testing and integration.
- Work closely with appropriate personnel in all phases
- Participates in preliminary and critical design
attributes for product launch and integration into
- Support the definition and testing of key quality
- Ensure the manufacturability of product is tested and
Acceptance Test Procedures.
- Participate in the development of Qualification and
- Train other personnel in testing and integration
Job Requirements:Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer skills (general knowledge, word, excel,
the ability to communicate and listen effectively at
- Statistical knowledge required.
- Familiarization with quality systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with
Technical Field (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical,
- Associates degree in Engineering, Quality or
Industrial) or equivalent
- 5 years experience in manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years experience in a technical/lab
- Experience with creating/updating engineering product
and developing process methods.
- Ability to interpret complex requirements.
- Experience in evaluating equipment, solving problems,
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented
contribution and team based success.
- Proven track record of individual accomplishment,
Req. Code : 10726
Division/Department : Manufacturing/Distribution
Luxottica Retail - 3 years ago