Responsible to: Camp Director and/or Assistant Camp Director
Working with: Camp Staff Leadership Team
Ensure that high leadership standards for program activities, camper health and safety are maintained.
- Participate in pre-camp training.
- Comply with staff personnel policies.
Assist in ensuring that all emergency procedures are observed and practiced by all persons under your supervision at camp.
Assist Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director in the recruitment, screening, hiring, and training of camp staff in accordance with ADA policies and procedures.
Supervise all assigned camp staff during camp operations.
Conduct supervisory and performance evaluations with assigned staff.
Work with camp staff leadership (i.e. camp director, medical director, program staff) and camp committee to develop, conduct, and participate in staff training.
Report all incidents and accidents immediately to the Camp Director, and cooperate in the completion of required follow-up.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Work with medical staff to ensure the health and appropriate diabetes management of campers.
- Offer emotional support and guidance to campers.
**only 2 positions available
- Position is only available to returning Camp Needlepoint staff
- Demonstrated ability to work with children.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills in a variety of camp settings.
- 3 years of counseling experience (preferred)
Get ready for the experience of your lifetime and embrace the life changing adventure ADA Camp Needlepoint & Daypoint.
"Together we can Stop Diabetes"