The Amazon Kindle team is seeking an innovative, results-oriented and customer-centric Manager of Software Development in our Kindle Cloud Renderer team. In this position you will manage a dev team and provide both strategic and tactical oversight to build the features and functionality required to have best-in-class rendering for Kindle customers using a browser.
If you are excited by delivering in a fast-paced environment and able to add innovation while maintaining operational excellence then this is the position for you. You should have had proven experience on shipping software on devices as well as back-end services.
As Manager of Software Development for the Kindle Rendering team, you will be expected to dive deep into design and coding, practice excellent project management in being able to set expectations on delivery both upstream and downstream of your team and motivate team members to constantly raise the bar on your team. You will lead by example on all of these traits.
Any experience in rendering technologies or ebook readers, on-device development and web development will be a plus.
To learn more about the Kindle team at Amazon, visit www.amazon.com/careers/kindle and apply now.
- Help define strategy and roadmap for the Kindle Cloud Renderer
- Document and present strategies to senior management
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Manage departmental resources, hiring, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class product development team
- Work closely with the engineers and product managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience managing software development teams
- 8+ years of software development experience, including C++ or Java
- Experience in text/image rendering and layout systems
- Experience with text rendering in non-Latin locales
- Experience shipping on a wide variety of device platforms and browsers
- Experience in building and growing teams
Amazon.com - 16 months ago