Schindler Elevator Corporation currently has an opportunity for a Senior Field Superintendent for its High Rise New Installation business. Schindler designs, manufactures, installs, services and modernizes a broad range of elevators, escalators and moving walks for almost every building type. The company is the North American operation of the Swiss-based Schindler Group, a leading global mobility provider with approximately 43,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Supporting sustainable urban development with safe, reliable and ecologically sound mobility solutions, Schindler equipment moves one billion people everyday all over the world.
The qualified candidate must be a high-energy self-starter with a strong work ethic. This individual will need to be motivated by a competitive industry and be results, detail and team-oriented. As a Schindler Field Superintendent, the candidate's role will include providing technical solutions, ensuring workplace safety, supervising technicians and job site activity, and supporting new installation and modernization sales. The selected candidate must be an expert at fulfilling customer requirements and maximizing profitability; excellent communication, financial acumen, business development, and management skills will all be critical to success in this role. The Field Superintendent must also have the necessary skills and experience to handle customer concerns, adjust manpower levels according to business needs, and to teach employees the Company's quality, productivity and safety methodology.
Additional responsibilities include:
Schindler Elevator Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
- Build a team environment by leading field technicians
- Manage training and development of field technicians on established processes, tools and standards
- Foster excellent communication among team members while maintaining good working relationships with the local union
- Assure that each installation project meets Company quality and safety standards, as well as all contract requirements.
- Monitor job completion and drive installation efficiency
- Implement customer and Company requirements for quality, performance reliability and passenger safety for new installation projects
- Support the local sales team in estimating new installation bids and investigating and resolving customer complaints
- Develop a spirit of teamwork and dedication to quality among all employees
- Participate in Company professional development programs to enhance working knowledge of Elevator Company products, services and procedures
- BS/AS degree in Engineering or Business with prior technical sales experience; or, Journeyman Technician experience with minimum 10 years in field
- Minimum 10 years experience in either the elevator industry or in a related building systems industry
- Ability to effectively manage and resolve sensitive employee relations issues
- Solid problem solving and proven negotiating skills, high sense of urgency, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent PC skills
- 16 months ago - save job
Yesterday, we carried 1 billion people vertically, diagonally and horizontally using Schindler elevators, escalators and moving walks....