About the Job Let's face it... when people think "energy usage data," they don't necessarily think "fun and interesting." The challenge for the UX team is to take complex data and make it simple and relevant for everyday people around the world (millions of people in fact). We combine best design practices with our strong foundation in behavioral science to inspire real, positive action. UX is a core part of Opower's success - without great product design we would not have been able to achieve the amazing results we have to date, and there's a lot more to come. Exciting things are happening here on the design front, and we're looking to add some rockstars to our team. Our team is small and nimble with limited hierarchy and lots of ownership. We're looking for designers who are out-of-the-box thinkers, passionate about our mission, excited to move their product through a complete lifecycle, and want to dive in and get their hands dirty.
A portfolio is required. We are looking for case studies of extremely usable, consumer-oriented product design that showcase your UX skills, your design process, and your creativity for solving design challenges.
- You have an MS (preferred) in HCI, Design, or related field.
- You're a design rockstar - everyone fights to have you on their team.
- You're a UX designer first and foremost, but have some other skills as well - you can put on your prototyping hat and build a lean, mean web prototype, or you can put on your visual designer hat and make things look awesome.
- You jump at the chance to sketch, post-it, mind map, brainstorm to solve problems.
- You love diving into the details.
- You are comfortable and experienced leading user research & testing sessions on your designs.
- You are a master at time management.
- Experience working with Agile development process is a plus.
- You'll own UX design for product features within the Opower offering. You'll be designing for print, web, mobile, and devices.
- You'll explore UI solutions, create UX flows, build wireframes, write specs for developers.
- You'll help drive the UX vision for future products and new features.
- You'll participate in the entire design & development process, including close collaboration with scrum teams.
- You'll lead usability testing and incorporate findings into your designs.
- You'll be an advocate for our users.
Opower - 22 months ago
Opower combines a cloud-based platform, big data, and behavioral science to help utilities around the world reduce energy consumption and...