Dell Wyse - Sales Engineer III – New Jersey
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Sales Engineer III to join our team in New Jersey.
The End User Computing Services Domain is the vehicle through which Dell enables its sales teams to successfully identify and sell Cloud Computing, Desktop Virtualization and Enterprise Mobility Solutions. By Identifying best-of-breed capabilities, offers, tools, and technologies we heighten Dell's credibility in the marketplace, installing confidence in our ability to design, implement and maintain End User Computing Solutions. All of this is orchestrated through a comprehensive go-to-market plan which Sales, Marketing, Services and Product LOB's are aligned for maximum success. The result is customer-focused solution portfolio, consisting of simplified and consistent offers that leverage Dell IP and globally integrated capabilities, driving robust financial performance and increasing Dell's End User Computing and Mobility services market.
Dell has recently announced its acquisition of Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings. The addition of Wyse will expand Dell’s desktop virtualization capabilities and provide new market opportunities for the full range of Dell’s enterprise solutions and services.
The Sales Engineer III provides pre-sales technical support to territory field sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for the technical validity and interoperability of solution and the direct relationship with the customers’ strategic business plans.
- Leveraging relationships within organizations to solve technical hurdles and foster awareness of our products and solutions.
- Working with Value Added Reseller (VAR) ecosystem.
- Working with the Sales Engineers and/or Sales Representatives on specified enterprise accounts.
- Installing, configuring and testing our solution at customer's facilities during sales and/or proof of concept initiatives.
- Interfacing with various customers at both a business and a technical level, and propose viable solutions in real time during customer meetings.
- Assisting with the development of Dell Wyse Product suite. This may include conducting joint account calls, updating other technical staff on new features, and working with them to develop solutions for customers.
- 7+ years of IT experience in a Vendor, Professional Services, IT Consulting, Systems Integration, or end-user environment.
- 4+ years, technical pre-sales experience, or technical business related experience.
- Excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience with building servers and setting up networks.
- Self-starter that manages time and activities with little day-to-day guidance or interaction from management.
- Excellent listening skills resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction. Must be able to listen for opportunities as well as potential technical hurdles.
- Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop experience (CCEA a plus).
- VMware View experience (VCP a plus).
- Microsoft Server OS 2003/2008 and Windows XP Pro/Windows 7 experience (MCSE a plus).
- Cisco Networking Experience (CCNA a plus).
- SUSE or Red Hat Linux experience (RHCVA and SUSE Linux Certification a plus).
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 2 years ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...