Enterprise Data Architect
Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for the design of the enterprise-wide data architecture and supporting the development of the organisation's data management strategy and roadmaps. He or She is responsible for first, determining and classifying which data assets should be treated as enterprise data, and then creating the requirements, principles, designs and models that strengthen the effect of sharing such data across the enterprise.
• Responsible for the development of the requirements, principles, models and designs for the future-state Enterprise Data Architecture, as well as the documentation of the current-state Enterprise Data Architecture.
• Carry-out a gap analysis between the future-state and current-state data architectures, and work with other enterprise architects to develop roadmaps for the careful and planned transition to the future state.
• Ensure that the enterprise data architecture is properly scoped - those data assets deemed significant to the enterprise, based on impacts on the business, decisions, risk mitigation and the organisation.
• Evaluate emerging trends such as big data, open data and linked data, and determine the impacts on the future-state enterprise data architecture.
• Champion efforts to improve business performance through enterprise information solutions and capabilities, such as master data management, metadata management, business intelligence, content management, data integration, and related information management or information infrastructure components.
• Oversee the implementation of enterprise data architecture through the organisation's enterprise information management programmes, and govern data architects in the appropriate data-modelling and data design activities.
• Facilitate the development of a corporate data policy that outlines the appropriate data stewardship and data requirements, as well as the service-level agreements, to support the appropriate quality and use of information in business processes.
• Lead efforts to redesign or modify the enterprise data architecture as part of, or in coordination with, business improvement and change initiatives.
• Prepare conceptual and logical subject area models and implementation-level details that affect the continuum of disciplines involved in the architecture, design, implementation and management of enterprise information.
Education and Training
• This role requires a bachelor's degree level educated or equivalent project-related experience.
• An Enterprise Architecture framework qualification such as TOGAF or ZF is required.
• Preferably DAMA qualified.
• General Insurance certification will be an advantage.
• Candidate should have a minimum of five years of experience in large multinational commercial P&C insurance market.
• Have previously held minimum of three years enterprise wide architecture role in the data domain.
• Candidate should have in-depth experience in designing and implementing enterprise wide information management solutions.
• Have hands-on architecture and delivery experience of enterprise wide, large scale, cross functional data management solutions.
• Three to five years' experience as a data analyst is required.
• Hands-on experience architecting and implementing large scale multi discipline master data management, document management, business intelligence, data warehouse, and data quality solutions are a must have.
DesiredKnowledge and Skills
• Presentation and facilitation skills.
• Design-thinking skills.
• Business domain, data/content and process understanding.
• System integration experience, including interface design, and familiarity with Web-oriented architecture techniques.
• Data-modelling and information classification expertise.
• Understanding of common information/data frameworks and data models.
• Understanding of the differences between relational modelling and object modelling.
• Understanding of metamodels, taxonomies and ontologies, as well as of the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modelling) to less structured sources.
• Highly familiarity with master data management, business intelligence, and data warehouse design and implementation techniques.
• Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs.
• Strong communication and influencing skills, including the ability to formulate business case, create marketing and messaging materials that meet stakeholder preferences.
• Ability to analyse project, programme and portfolio needs, as well as to determine the resources needed to achieve objectives and overcome cross-functional barriers.
Key Behaviours and Competencies
• Has demonstrated the ability to work well with others and be respected as a leader.
• Has a track record of remaining unbiased toward specific technologies or vendors.
• An excellent communicator and collaborator across multiple technical and business stakeholders and leaders.
• Must be able to translate the enterprise data architecture contribution to business outcomes into simple briefings.
• Very good stakeholder management skills.
• Must be a self-starter, work without supervision.
• Has demonstrated the ability to work across cultural and language barriers.
Ace Group - 14 months ago
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...