Zappos.com, Inc. is looking for a Web Analyst!
Why join us? In January 2012, Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries were named #11 on the 2012 Fortune: 100 Best Companies to Work For List.
Why else? We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, and 401k!
And… we’re hiring like crazy right now, and looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class, and fairly wacky team.
Oh, and one more thing! Cover letters are sooooo old-fashioned, don't you think? Show us who you are with a cover letter VIDEO! You will be able to upload one when applying for this position. (Video cover letters are not required but if you wanna do one, we wanna see it!)
Do you love spotting trends, tracking, reporting, and analyzing website data to advance our understanding of visitors’ and customers’ behavior, and to optimize site design, content, and sales? If yes, we can't wait to talk to you!
As part of the Website Analytics and User Research team, the Web Analyst will help define, develop, and deliver site reporting and analysis that informs strategic and tactical decision-making related to Zappos’ site and the user experience (as well as sales, research, and overall business efforts).
This is an excellent growth opportunity for an analytics go-getter to help shape the future of web analytics at Zappos.
- Define and manage research and analysis in order to create data-driven insights about visitor behavior from traffic patterns, order volume, conversion funnel, navigation behavior, path, and product selection. Wow us with your ability to look at a bunch of data and make recommendations about improving the business and customer experience (and proving the upside).
- Be integral part of web site projects to provide insights on visitor behaviors to the Product Management and User Experience teams, develop a measurement plan, support developers throughout the implementation and QA process of analytics tracking, and evaluate post-launch metrics. Identify the most effective way to present the information to different audiences. Be the watch guard of the web site.
- Proactively identify opportunities and make recommendations to improve website effectiveness by drilling into data in order to further profitability and growth. Find problems we did not even know we had. Use your keen insights to help us fix them.
- Help drive business decision-making by educating and informing Zappos teams on web metrics- terminology, concepts, trends, insights, and recommendations. Help teach us all the a-b-c’s of effective analysis.
- Consult and partner with internal departments to define and develop reporting and analysis, based on key performance indicators and metrics, in order to optimize site content and functionality. Dazzle us with your rock-star analytics insights! Play nice with others. They will love you for it. We promise.
- Participate in additional business intelligence activities related to data analysis, as needed. Go to some meetings. Contribute. Listen. You know the usual.
- Stay up to date on latest industry developments. You are so passionate about what you do that you can not even imagine NOT doing this. Bonus points if you not only know who Avinash Kaushik is but also how to pronounce his name correctly!
If you want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of an established business, Zappos.com may be the place for you!
- BA or BS with strong analytical skills with at least 2 years of experience as a Web Analyst
- In-depth experience with Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends, Omniture, Visual Sciences, etc.)
- Understanding of Internet technologies as they relate to analytics on enterprise level sites
- Working experience writing SQL queries
- Knowledge in applied statistics, data mining, modeling, and forecasting and experience with statistical analysis tools (e.g., SAS) desired
- Ecommerce site experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Zappos Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
Customer Service Isn't Just A Department!
We've been asked by a lot of people how we've grown so quickly, and the answer is actually...