– San Jose, California
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Sales Engineer I to join our team in San Jose, California.
Wyse Technology is the global leader in Cloud Client Computing. Wyse portfolio includes industry-leading thin, zero and cloud PC client solutions with advanced management, desktop virtualization and cloud software supporting desktops, laptops and next generation mobile devices. Cloud client computing replaces the outdated computing model of the unsecure, unreliable, energy-intensive and expensive PC, all while delivering lower TCO and a superior user experience. Wyse has shipped more than 20 million units and has over 200 million people interacting with their products each day, enabling the leading private, public, hybrid and government cloud implementations worldwide. Wyse partners with industry-leading IT vendors, including Citrix®, IBM®, Microsoft®, and VMware® as well as globally-recognized distribution and service partners.
We currently have opportunities for dynamic solutions oriented Pre-Sales Engineer supporting the Inside Sales Team. Responsibilities include a combination of pre-sales consultation services, performing technical product demonstrations, project managing, proof of concept engagements, and thin computing initiatives within a geographic territory in coordination with the Americas Sales Organization.
Qualified candidates will work with SMB customers to shorten the sales cycle by overcoming technical hurdles within specified accounts. The Sales Engineer must demonstrate solid communication skills, technical expertise, sales ability, and working both independently and within a team. They must also be able to communicate complicated technical material in a stressful yet results oriented environment.
- Leveraging relationships within organizations to solve technical hurdles and foster awareness of our products and solutions.
- Working with the Inside Sales Representatives on SMB accounts.
- Phone support for customers installing, configuring and testing product during sales and\or proof of concept initiatives.
- Interfacing with various customers over the phone in a business and a technical level, and propose viable solutions in real time during conference call customer meetings.
- Assisting with the development of Wyse Product suite. This may include updating other technical staff on new features, and working with them to develop solutions for customers.
Microsoft Server OS 2003/2008 and Windows XP Pro/Windows 7 experience (MCSE a plus).
- 4+ years of IT experience in a Vendor, Professional Services, IT Consulting, Systems Integration, or end-user environment.
- 2+ years, technical pre-sales experience, or technical business related experience.
- Excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience with building servers and setting up networks.
- Self-starter that manages time and activities with little day-to-day guidance or interaction from management.
- Excellent listening skills resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction. Must be able to listen for opportunities as well as potential technical hurdles.
- Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop experience (CCEA a plus).
- VMware View experience (VCP a plus).
- Cisco Networking Experience (CCNA a plus).
- SUSE or Red Hat Linux experience (RHCVA and SUSE Linux Certification a plus).
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 2 years ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...