The Technology Services Division for the City and County of Denver has an immediate opening for an Associate Service Desk Technician . As an Associate Service Desk Technician you will act as a single point of contact answering calls and resolving technical issues from a wide user base within the City and County. Examples of items needing resolution will include hardware / software / connectivity / telecom and wireless related issues.
The Service Desk team is a dynamic group providing support across a wide spectrum of end users and technologies. The Associate Service Desk Technician will support end users across numerous agencies and work units across the entire City and County of Denver.
T he Technology Services division (TS) of the City and County of Denver is using state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies to deliver and improve the systems, applications and operations that we deliver to our Mile High City. TS supports the people, agencies and ideas that make the City and County of Denver a great place to live and work. The City offers a unique opportunity to work with a diverse business and technology environment on a large scale as we employ over 12,000 people, of which 9,000+ are daily technology consumers in support of a diverse population in excess of 500,000 citizens.
To apply for this position, please select the apply button at the top of this page, or visit http://www.denvergov.org/jobs
The duties of an Associate Service Desk Technician include, but are not limited to, performing technical support in a service desk setting to a wide variety of users with complex and non-routine hardware and software problems, which includes: logging, connectivity, troubleshooting, testing, adjusting, resolving, or referring problems to the appropriate Information Technology resource.
Working with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that the Service Desk team supports including individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations and be committed to providing quality customer service.
For the formal job class specification, visit: Associate IT Technician
- Take incoming calls, troubleshoot issues, assist customers and dispatch/escalate issues to other support groups when necessary.
- Remotely resolve user technical issues using a Remote Desktop support tool.
- Work directly with customer to address their needs and resolve reported issues.
- Serve as a single point of contact for reported technical issues.
- Provide after hours support on a rotating schedule.
- Occasional dispatch to the field to address issues at the desktop level.
- Document and update/maintain current documentation on Service Desk process and procedure. Create and maintain technical documentation as directed.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Service Desk Supervisor.
Associate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics, or a directly related field.
Two (2) years of Information Technology experience performing user support of desktop, legacy systems, and/or Information Technology communications systems. Experience must include all of the following Special Qualifications:
- Minimum of two (2) years of current experience providing end user technical support and issue resolution within a Service Desk / Help Desk environment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of current experience providing end user technical support and issue resolution within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience utilizing a major Help Desk application.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience remotely resolving end user technical issues utilizing a Remote Desktop support tool.
Additional appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirement. There are no substitution for the Special Qualifications.
Licensure and/or Certification :
ITIL Certification is preferred.
Medical, Dental & Vision Plans (multiple programs)
Paid Time Off (combined vacation/sick leave)
Retirement (Pension Plan & 457 Deferred Comp Plan)
Flex Spending Account
RTD EcoPass Discounts
Parking Flex Cash
Life Insurance; Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
Wellness Center & Classes (Webb Building location)
Education & Training Classes (Webb Building location)
On-site perks such as dry cleaning, mail service and lobby convenience stores
Relocation Assistance will not be available.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check and complete a minimum six month probationary period (benefits will be active during this time) prior to attaining career status with the City.
Please apply online at http://www.denvergov.org/jobs Classification Title: Associate IT Technician CI1659
Working/Functional Title: Associate Service Desk Technician
Pay Grade: 617-I
Compensation Range: $42,675-$62,333
Agency: Technology Services
Testing: 100% Scored Supplemental
To Apply: Please select the apply button at the top of this posting / visit www.denvergov.org/jobs
Background Check/Drug Testing: Candidates must pass a criminal background check, 10 year employment verification and education verification. Additional checks such as credit and drug testing may be required .
Probationary Period : The successful candidate will be required to complete a minimum six month probationary period (benefits will be active during this time) prior to attaining Career Status with the City.
The City and County of Denver - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard