Ovando is one of NYC's top innovative floral design and event production companies that cater to high-end clientele. Our unique design aesthetic and unsurpassed customer service is the cornerstone of our success. We are looking for a energetic Weddings & Events Coordinator to join our team and help us continue to expand.
If you have a relentless drive for being behind the scenes and putting together some of the most innovative Wedding & Events in NYC, we would love to meet you!
Salary - $40,000 per year
Monday -- Friday - 9:00am -- 6:00pm * Must be flexible and willing to adapt to changes in hours if necessary.
Vacation/Sick/Personal time given after 90 days
Benefits offered after 90 days
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Working closely with the Weddings & Event team to ensure that goals are met.
- Assist in client walk-throughs, creating design concepts, and initiating client proposals and estimates.
- Source product/vendor information.
- Create Purchase Orders for all department orders and needs.
- Create and track a cost sheet for each individual client and order.
- Assist in processing orders (Function sheets, Flower & Hard Goods order, etc.)
- Update and track our database on a daily basis with all new information and entering new events as they come in.
- Updating department sales report on a weekly basis.
- Answer the telephone calls and monitor emails from Wedding & Event clients.
- 1 - 2 years in the Wedding or Events industry.
- Floral experience and knowledge is a very big plus.
- Luxury experience with high-end clients.
- Goal oriented and results driven with a big picture attitude.
- Extraordinary at anticipating needs and very detail oriented.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and highly motivated.
- Able to be work in a sometimes stress induced environment (Brides can be crazy!!).
- Ability to multi-task and be a leader when needed to.
- Aggressive follow-up attitude.
- Ability to be independent and hands on.
- Excellent writing skills and communication.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join our constantly expanding department with some of the city's most influential and luxury clients and continue to help us flourish together.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday at the corporate office studio.
Please only apply if you have some prior experience.