Established in 1954, James Avery offers fine jewelry designs in sterling silver, 14K and 18K yellow and white gold, and gemstones for ladies and men, and maintains some 1100 designs and 14,000 separate jewelry items in the active product line. In order to maintain the quality and responsiveness essential to a successful business, we are vertically-integrated, meaning we design, manufacture, market and sell our own product line. We even maintain in-house graphics and photography as well as internal architecture and furniture-making capabilities to keep the customer’s experience a special one. The strategic goals of the company include a three-prong effort of reaching and satisfying our customers through retail stores, mail order and on the internet. James Avery has five manufacturing plants. Our retail stores are located in Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Kansas, Missouri and Louisiana and will number 69 retail stores by the end of 2013. The fine detailing and strong yet simple design of our stores is reflective of the same process in which our product is also crafted. We are seeking a customer focused Sales Team Leader for our store.
We offer excellent company benefits to include medical/dental/vision/mail order drug plan, 401K Savings Plan, James Avery Merchandise discount, paid time off, paid holidays, and many other programs to meet the needs of you and your family.
Minimum Requirements may include:
James Avery requires applicants to pass an alcohol, controlled substance and illegal drug screening test before beginning regular employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year retail or customer service experience is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of JAC products and sources of information helpful
- Knowledge of POS system
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to work flexible schedule as required by Store Manager (must be able to work 32 hours per week; 5 days per work week with one (1) day being scheduled on the weekend (i.e. Saturday/Sunday) and a minimum of two (2) closing shifts per work week). Please indicate hours you are available to work.
- Must agree to participate in the employee safety program
Position will close 2/1/2013.