Purchases corrugated products and related materials, using analytical evaluation processes to improve the company's inventory levels and turns based on company guidelines and customer requirements. Gather Quotations, examines bids, and makes awards. Develops specifications for new contract orders. Evaluates and uses independent discretion when selecting suppliers based on capacity, cost, quality and delivery reliability. Responsible for improving core supplier advantage by sourcing and negotiating with core suppliers (moving from non core to core). Moderately complex work, requiring original thinking. Manage and prioritize workload; high degree of accuracy required.
- Plans, schedules and monitors the purchase of materials for direct, indirect and warehouse orders per CSNB’
- s to determine required materials based on customer’s commitments. .
Merchandises and purchases corrugated materials, using cognitive thinking process to improve company’s inventory levels and turns based on company guidelines. Gathers quotations, evaluate bids and makes awards. Develops specifications for new contract orders.
- Evaluates vendor reliability.
- Responsible for improving core supplier advantage by sourcing and negotiating with core vendors. Monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value
- Expedite hot orders through interaction with the sales reps, customers, & suppliers
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelors degree (preference for Purchasing/Merchandising) and/or equivalent work experience
Position performed within indoor office area. Works in a team-based environment. Minimal travel.
- 4+ years of purchasing and merchandising of corrugated products.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Problem research and resolution, multi-tasking, analytical and organized, must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PC proficiency.
- Product/industry related experience preferred.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally.
Unisource Worldwide Inc. - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -