- 1 - 2 years experience preferred
- Customer service skills are required
Responsible for the computerized scheduling of all ambulatory care procedures and test scheduling within the system which includes Radiology, Cardiology/Neurology, Mammography, Diabetes Education, Nutritional Counseling, Beginning Steps, PFT, Sleep Lab, Car Seat Fittings, Outpatient Oncology, Cardiac Rehab and Pulmonary Rehab as well as pre-registration functions for areas regardless if they are scheduled by Access Services. Perform Medicare medical necessity checks. Performs duties related to Health Focus Line and Physician Finder Service and fields telephone calls for Community Information and Referral. Ensures the physician order is received and processes through the Outpatient Order Management electronic process. Ensures if an insurance prior authorization is needed prior to outpatient testing it has been received by department prior to patient date of service. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Must have excellent public relations skills. Good typing skills, experience with PC and data entry or an equivalent from which comparable job knowledge can be acquired. Medical terminology classes and has some education in an insurance environment preferred.
- Must have the ability to sufficiently mobile to access multiple data sources that are physically separated and to gather that all job duties can be completed in the prescribed time frame.
- Must be able to lift and bend and load paper into printers.
- Also must be capable of putting up weekly supplies required to maintain scheduling functions. Must have the ability and capacity to quickly, efficiently and accurately manipulate various keyboards, such as computers, calculators, typewriters, copy machine, telephone, and FAX machine.
- Must have the ability to evaluate problem situations and multiple alternative scenarios and come to independent conclusions on how to respond appropriately. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with patients, peers, superiors and others on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary, grammar and word usage. Must have the ability to think quickly and react professionally under pressure. Must have the ability to respond and react immediately with unimpeded auditory perception of verbal/vocal instructions. Must have the ability to respond and react to visual observation Must have the ability to rapidly collect data from multiple sources and to distribute the end result to that process in an accurate and professional manner.
Indiana University Health - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard