Our vision is to be the undisputed leader in Travel Retail and the Middle East and to achieve double digit growth each year. The role will direct the brand strategy for Smirnoff, Baileys, Gordon’s, Tanqueray and Captain Morgan, in line with the GTME marketing strategy against the F17 vision. This will involve creating world class consumer led platforms for the brands with tangible marketing tools that can be applied with flawless execution by the regional marketing team. In addition the role is accountable for the P&L delivery of the brands.
This role, based in Miami, plays an integral role to business performance through delivery of the White Spirits Agenda.
To deliver the F17 performance trajectory required from the white spirits category
To manage a line report on this agenda
The Director of Brand Marketing for White Spirits Liqueurs and Rums:
• Sets the agenda for the brands and drives the brand strategy through the business through to flawless execution.
• Has direct line responsibility for one Brand Manager.
• Plays a key and influential role in the Pan Regional Marketing team creating the environment for great thinking to come through from team’s agencies and regions.
• Is a key team player working with the planning merchandising and innovations teams to drive their brand agenda through to the consumer
Influences and takes into accounts the views of the regional teams in building their plans
• Creates GTME visibility with the relevant GBTs, and builds strong bridges with the IMCs.
• Takes accountability for the performance of the brand, anticipates the potential barriers and issues, and leverages those concerned to course correct
Purpose of Role:
• Drive the brand agenda through from simple strategy to flawless execution.
• Develop the consumer led brand strategies across the White Spirits Liqueurs and Rums across Global Travel and Middle East (GTME) including
Baileys, Smirnoff, Gins, Rums, and Tequilas. Excluding Reserve brands: (Tanqueray No TEN, Ciroc, Pampero Anniversario)
• Create and ground sustained platforms for premiumisation and value growth that are scaleable and will accelerate delivery of the F17 vision
• Support the Marketing Director in the development of the GTME Brand Marketing Strategy
• Create amazing relationships with the 4 GTME regions, supply and agency partners, and IMCs
Top 3 – 5 Accountabilities:
1. Achieve great shopping and drinking experiences for our consumers
-Lead the brand strategy through to execution with the regions
-Drive the effective implementation of initiatives in market via influencing regions. To measure and evaluate the performance of both individual initiatives and brand performance
2. Understand what creates value for customers and deliver on it.
-Build initiatives the drives value through to the business, through a clear and deep understanding of our consumers and specific consumer/shopper insights. -Ensure that the brand plans are effectively and efficiently implemented through the 4 GTME regions. Own the P&L
3. Achieve amazing outcomes together with other Diageo markets and our Supply chain partners.
-Lead multi-functional virtual teams in the development of new initiatives based on sound consumer thinking & appreciation of brand strategy.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Strong marketing experience ideally gained within multinational consumer goods environment. Experience in the Drinks Category and or Luxury Goods Marketing
• Strong understanding of consumers, insights
• Experience in research and planning is an asset
• Great at engaging and inspiring people
• Cross-functional/cultural team working.
• Have a proven track record in building great brand performance.
• Demonstrate maturity and strong commercial acumen.
• Be able to work effectively in a large complex fast moving organisation.
• Be a highly organised “self starter” with very strong inter-personal and management skills.
• Graduate calibre or equivalent.
• Be eager to work within a global environment.
Diageo - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Diageo's company parties must be the talk of the town. It is the leading premium spirits business in the world by volume, net sales,...