We are a boutique equity research firm located in San Francisco’s Financial District, specializing in the wireless communica tion industry .
The A ssociate position is a demanding and fast-paced job that requires the ability to think quickly on one's feet and work independently in a high-pressure, time-sensitive environment. Strong candidates will have a passion for technology, an avid interest in the stock market, and a demonstrated record of professional, academic and personal achievement. The associate must have the critical analytical and thinking skills necessary to perform thorough and diverse secondary research. The associate must possess the organizational and management abilities to lead preparation for research publications, to plan for multiple conference sessions and topics, to facilitate the schedule for and participate in intensive primary research, to train, manage, and monitor the performance of part-time interns, to interact with industry contacts of the firm, and to manage complex and lengthy projects. In addition, t hey will also have outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills, outstanding quantitative skills, and a strong competitive spirit balanced by a proven ability to work as part of a team.
This position requires a strong and demonstrated interest in equity markets as well as a strong affinity for technology, especially wireless. The firm places a high value on research associates playing a meaningful industry role. An associate on our team should be prepared to:
- Conduct grass roots surveys of retailers across the US and Western Europe .
- Conduct thorough primary and secondary research and due diligence via SEC filings, company press releases, industry trade publications, Wall Street research notes and quarterly company conference calls .
- Prepare and deliver proprietary market research reports on wireless industry for distribution to sophisticated institutional money managers .
- Analyze macroeconomic and industry data , source and map market research to assess and describ e current and long term trends, conduct/ compile financial statement analysis and forecasts for use in company updates and recommendations to clients .
- Create financial models to evaluate historic information and generate earnings projections for companies .
- Keep current of market news and views to framework relevant in-depth investment analysis , industry trends, and performance .
- Actively participates in the fundamental research process which will sometimes include attending industr y events, trade shows, industry seminars, etc. to gain an in depth understanding of sector and covered companies .
- Establish, nurture, and maintain relationships with industry contacts and p erform due diligence with industry sources, cold-calling potential industry contacts to establish research network and obtain information pertinent to fundamental research.
Associates must maintain strong attention to detail, as they will take on an increasing amount of responsibility within a very short time frame. The ideal candidate will have some combination, if not all, of the following:
Please forward a resume along with a cover letter expressing your interest in the position and how this opening fits your career goals.
- A Bachelors Degree (b ackground in Economics, Finance, Math, Computer Programming, or a related field a plus, though not required). We will NOT consider candidates with MBAs.
- 0-3 years work experience, investment banking/research (s ubject matter expertise is not required).
- Advanced Excel skills (not just basic understanding, but deep knowledge in how to manipulate, synthesize, and present complicated data sets), strong financial modeling skills , and superior quantitative, analytical skills .
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize data into succinctly worded concepts .
- Outstanding time management skills and the ability to master complex tasks with minimal supervision .
- The capacity to quickly digest and synthesize substantial volumes of information.
- A strong appreciation and understanding of equity markets and technology trends.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to consistently providing high quality work required by analysts .
- The ability to work as an effective, collaborative member within a small team environment as well as cooperate with global colleagues.
- A “go-getter” and self-starter attitude with strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to work productively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- A highly developed work ethic, intellectual curiosity, strong entrepreneurship and integrity, and a keen desire to be extremely successful.
We provi de competitive compensation ($45 -50K), performance bonus (up to 25%), health insurance, 401K, SF Commuter Benefit options and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and team-focused environment.
- This is a n Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Local Candidates Only Please.
- Contact: Office Administrator of BayStreet Research
- Please, n o phone calls about this job !
- Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster. Please do not contact job poster about other services products or commercial interests.
Monster - 9 months ago