Treating seniors with the compassion and quality of home care they deserve is not only part of the mission of Senior Home Care; it is at the very core of everything we do. Each year, the divisions of Senior Home Care deliver care to more than 50,000 seniors with personalized home health care programs created with the individual and their specific needs in mind.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Licensed Practical Nurse to our team.
The Licensed Practical Nurse shall perform in accordance with federal, state and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization. All functions shall be performed in accordance with the established policies and practices of Senior Home Care, Inc. The Licensed Practical Nurse is qualified by education, training, experience and demonstrated abilities to give nursing care under the direction of a Registered Nurse. The Licensed Practical Nurse reports directly to the Director of Clinical Services.
The work requires moderate to heavy physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as assisting patients in transfer activities, e.g., wheelchair to bed, tub or commode, etc., and providing substantial support to patients in ambulation therapy. Additional physical demands including walking, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling and reaching. Requires dexterity if utilizing the hand held device. The work also requires the ability to transport oneself to and from multiple work sites.
- Participates in the planning and coordination of the total patient care under the direction of the Care Manager, Registered Nurse and attending physician.
- Observe signs, symptoms and reactions to treatments and inform physician and/or DOCS/RN immediately of any changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition that warrants attention.
- Maintain an accurate clinical record (electronic/paper) by documenting in accordance with SHC policy and Medicare guidelines.
- Educates, supervises, and assists the patient/family members and other healthcare personnel in providing continuity of care.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports them to the DOCS/designee and/or physician immediately. Notes change in patient’s physical or emotional status.
- Assist with clinical variances and assists with chart audits and submits documentation as needed for PI studies.
- Initiates and sustains the implementation of orders for medications and treatment as prescribed by the physician’s plan of care.
- Maintain a safe work environment to minimize risk to patients and staff by complying with all safety/risk/OSHA policies and procedures.
- Participates and assists with holiday and weekend visits as requested.
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth by participating in case conferences, in-services, and other programs and meetings.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Practical licensure in the state of operation.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year experience in acute hospital setting. Current home health medical, surgical or critical experience preferred.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to make appropriate nursing judgments.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or other management personnel.
The company reserves the right to revise and/or change job descriptions and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Senior Home Care - 15 months ago