Job Title: Information Center Analyst - Dragon Speech Recognition Software
Location: New Castle, DE
Based in Wilmington, DE, Christiana Care Health System is one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey.
Christiana Care is currently seeking an Information Center Analyst to support Dragon Speech Recognition Software. In addition to the Dragon Speech software, the Information Center Analyst will support all Microsoft core components like Active Directory Group Policy and Authentication, System Center Operations Manager for elevated monitoring and alerting Share Point, DNS, etc. The applicant must have an in-depth knowledge of Windows Operating System.
Analyzes and defines constituent requirements and operating problems, and determines solutions, alternatives and the recommend "do-it-yourself" (DIY), approach to solve the information processing needs. Assists in design, installation, upgrades, configuration (macro development/writing) and support of Enterprise Dragon Software. This person will also be responsible for troubleshooting issues within the Dragon Software and providing customer support for corresponding applications..
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide advanced 4th level problem resolution assistance and constituent support for assigned systems, products and facilities. Be willing to participate in a strong team atmosphere with other 3rd and 4th level infrastructure members.
- Assist in creating automation in the form of batch files and other of scripting tools to compliment support of Dragon Software and infrastructure systems. Examples would be for monitoring, alerting, file distribution, etc
- Assists manager in development and establishment of strategic and tactical Do It Yourself (DIY) plans, standards/procedures, education and training programs.
- Identifies, evaluates, recommends, and implements enhancements to assigned systems, products and facilities as appropriate to the needs of the business
- Keeps abreast of current technologies and facilities (e.g., languages, products, aids, telecommunication) as they become available, and educates peers.
- Provides intermediate start-up assistance and services to clients including administration and coordination of the implementation of DIY facilities and directs constituent training or assists in identifying sources of education.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends opportunities to improve constituent's productivity through the effective use of DIY technologies. (e.g. recommend use of a particular PC package that meets a specific user need.) Assists in identifying information sources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Engineering, Computer Science or Business Administration or experience consistent with the Information Center Analyst job responsibilities.
- At least 5 years of experience in Information Technology working with core Microsoft products like IIS, Windows Server, and networking fundamentals.
- Experience with Dragon Speech Recognition software or any other speech recognition software.
Ability to absorb material from trade publications, academic and industry sources.
Ability to acquire hospital functional knowledge.
Ability to assume responsibility and to work flexible hours on a limited basis.
Ability to deal with specialists in a number of functional areas.
Ability to identify and evaluate basic vendor software packages
Ability to learn and apply new basic DIY tools.
Ability to lift computer and printer equipment of varying weights from floor level to working heights, as well as move/transport such equipment.
Ability to stay up-to-date in basic systems design techniques.
Ability to translate basic business problems into practical DIY alternatives.
Ability to use a personal computer to perform duties.
Knowledge of operations of the basic structured systems development process and project management techniques.
Skill in analyzing and interpreting basic user problems
Skill in developing basic proposals for DIY hardware and software.
Skill in telephone communications and public relations.
Skill in written and verbal communication.
Christiana Care Health system is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, sexual identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, or genetic information.
Job Classification: Information Systems
Job Requisition #: 30113BR
Christiana Care Health Systems - 12 months ago