Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,600+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a PC Technician 3. This position is located in Tempe, AZ
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide proactive service through queue monitoring and ad hoc requests.
- Provide customers with IT support; meet goals for service level agreements.
- Provide superior customer service; solicit feedback from customers.
- Research/troubleshoot problems, document solutions and provide workarounds to customers.
- Act as second level support for complicated customer inquiries and requests.
- Lead hardware and software installations; coordinate with necessary support teams
- Imaging, configuration, and personalization of computer systems.
- Support standard hardware platforms and systems installed throughout Safeway.
- Repair all approved standard technology hardware including PC/Servers, Network equipment, RF devices, and printers.
- Provide complete recoverability of systems and applications.
- Configuration and installation of computer equipment, including Point of Sale and scale systems in retail sites.
- Configuration and installation of desktop peripherals and network technology.
- Installation of hardware and software in stores and/or backstage locations.
- Interact with support level 3 to resolve complex issues.
- Accountable for hardware/asset tracking.
- Ensure adequate inventory.
- Maintain equipment inventory controls and policies.
- Package and return equipment for reuse/recycle/disposition.
- Receive, package, return and maintain equipment accountability.
- Note trends in tickets or deployment (hardware/software); gather information, work with next level support to identify/troubleshoot and assist with solution.
- Meet deadlines on tasks assigned by management.
- Documents new processes and shares helpful hints with the team Documents new processes and helpful hints.
- Potential 24 hour service rotation and travel based on business need.
- Have a positive attitude and foster a positive working environment.
- Work with third party vendors to resolve recurring issue
Closing Date: February 4, 2013
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- 2-4 years Help Desk or retail tore support experience.
- 2-4 years working with Windows 2000/NT/XP and associated applications.
- 2+ year’s experience with installation and configuration of desktop and peripheral technology preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of M/S Applications, including Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Solve hardware problems and operating system conflicts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and business orientation.
- Able to think strategically and conceptually while managing details.
- Able to work independently but also a strong team player.
- Must have a good, safe driving record.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present technical information and tailor responses for customer understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written/verbal instructions, defines problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a strong collaborative partner in a matrixed organization.
- Solid mechanical skills.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, day, evening and overnight in a 24/7 on call support capacity.
- Strong sense of urgency, business ethics, dependability and follow through.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.careersatsafeway.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway Corp. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...