Responsible to: Camp Director
- Ensure that high leadership standards for program activities, camper health and safety are maintained.
- Working with additional Head Counselors and Camp Director
- Ensure that all procedures taught during the training are observed and practiced by the counselors under your supervision at camp.
- Supervise all assigned camp staff during camp operations.
- Work with ADA Staff, camp staff leadership (i.e. camp director, medical director, unit leaders, program staff) and camp committee to develop, conduct, and participate in staff training.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately to the Camp Director and cooperate in the completion of required follow-up.
- Report all behavioral problems (i.e. bullying) immediately to the Camp Director and the Camp Psychologist and cooperate in the completion of required follow-up.
- Participate in pre-camp training.
- Comply with staff personnel policies.
- Participate actively in the camp program and schedule.
- Offer emotional support and guidance to campers.
- Relay any medical concerns, including accidents and low blood sugars IMMEDIATELY to medical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children.
- Previous experience as a camp counselor (preferably at this or another diabetes camp).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and campers.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with parents.
- Demonstrated ability to actively assist in the planning, and organization of camp programs and schedule.
Get ready for the experience of your lifetime and embrace the life changing adventure of Diabetes Camp.
"Together we can Stop Diabetes"
American Diabetes Association - 9 months ago