Will work alongside the Helpdesk Support group and is responsible for providing end user support to users working on a variety of computing platforms including Windows, Mac and Linux based systems.
Ideal candidate will have excellent people /customer service skills and be familiar with the following environment:
Unix/Linux (they run Fedora 13)
Nice to have:
PHP / Perl Scripting
- Build and deploy hardware and software systems as necessary
- Remote administration using Apple Remote Desktop or Windows Remote Desktop
- Imaging of Mac and Windows based desktop and laptop systems
- Setup and configure new users
- Provide users with keyboards, mice, monitors and workstations
- Responsible for workstation and user moves within the facility
- Answer helpdesk phone and provide phone support
- Printer (and multi-function device) administration, setup and installation
- Provide customer service and technical assistance to all users of the systems developed above
- Mac OSX Administration (ftp, printer setup, software installation, user account creation, etc)
- Windows Administration (ftp, printer setup, software installation, user account creation, etc)
- Familiarity with Microsoft business products and Adobe Creative Suite products.
- On-call 24x7 technical support
2-4 years of Windows and Mac related experience.
Linux/Unix experience a plus
Ability to configure workstation/server network interfaces.
Light scripting ability in a Unix Shell, Windows Powershell or Perl/Python.
Previous experience in customer support, computer operations, system administration, or another related area.
TenTek - 10 months ago