To provide guidance, assistance, and leadership that will enhance the teaching and learning at all levels of the mathematics program.
This vacancy is open until filled. Start date July 1, 2013.
- Visits all schools to supervise teaching activities of mathematics teachers in elementary schools
- Supervises math coaches who support the elementary math program
- Development of curriculum, dissemination of curriculum to teachers
- Provides professional development, resource and instructional materials to teachers
- Works with teachers in improvement of instruction within the classroom setting
- Analyze data from SOL, HAT and MAPs
- Provides leadership in curriculum design and implementation by selecting and evaluating instructional materials, by communicating innovation and research in mathematics and by developing support materials
- Provides staff development and assists in the development of courses/summer training related to professional growth
- Coordinates the textbook selection and adoption process
- Maintains articulation within all departments of the school division in order to develop and preserve continuity in the program of mathematics instruction
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Postgraduate Professional Certificate with an endorsement in mathematics and five years experience in teaching and/or supervision at elementary level
- A Master's degree with specialization in elementary mathematics
- Ability to communicate, monitor staff, and develop teacher and program effectiveness
Henrico County, Virginia
- 2 years ago - save job
Henrico Schools are well known throughout not only the region and state but also the nation.
The school division is equipped with the...