Senior Mechanical Engineer
Children’s Medical Ventures offers a wide range of clinical and educational products supporting developmentally appropriate care for infants. These include infant cardio-respiratory monitors, state-of the art diagnostic and treatment tools for neonatal jaundice, comprehensive hands-on education programs for neonatal nurses and a variety of safety, positioning and therapeutic support products. All of our products and educational programs support our company vision, “Passionately improving the developmental outcomes of infants and children”.
DESCRIPTION: This person will be responsible for the mechanical design of medical devices including implementing industrial designs, assembly design, and detail fabrication drawings. Also responsible for design documentation including requirements specification, engineering analysis, and will work with cross functional team to verify design outputs, and make substantial contributions to the innovation of products and processes.
OUTCOMES: The successful candidate will:
• Provide innovative solutions to design challenges
• Have a proven track record of meeting design targets and deliverables within schedule
• Able to work with external design sources in multicultural design teams
• Ability to analyze, test, and propose solutions to complex mechanical interactions and production related problems.
• Demonstrated grasp of DFM, DFMEA, production process controls, GD&T, and cost reduction objectives
• Strong understanding of New Product development processes
• Work with department team members to implement complex product designs and provide technical support to manufacturing facilities and external customers.
• Implement and document projects in compliance with Quality System requirements, including formal demonstration and documentation of adequacy of product designs. Work with Operations on successful transfer of designs to manufacturing.
BEHAVIORS: The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Market foresight, learning agility and teaming.
• Realistic determination of time required to complete tasks; promptness and punctuality in meeting obligations.
• Develops and maintains positive internal and external customer relations. Gives customer satisfaction a high priority.
• Able to make sound decisions and commit to an action after considering alternatives.
• Ability to analyze and resolve issues and evaluate tradeoffs to achieve overall project objectives
GROWTH: The successful candidate will:
• Create and manage own career development activities in conjunction with their manager.
• Provide input to New Product Development activities based on lessons learned from past products.
• Fully familiar with internal Quality System requirements and FDA guidelines for Design Controls
• B.S. or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
• M.S. or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
• A minimum of 5+ years of experience developing medical products or similar complexity devices.
• Experience developing electromechanical products for low to mid-volume manufacturing. Experience with design of parts and equipment for production fabrication is required, e.g., injection molding, sheet metal, machining or castings.
• Proficient with mechanical CAD tools (e g ProEngineer, SolidWorks, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience in a regulated environment or under a formal product development process is highly desired.
This position functions in an environment that requires the ability to interface with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, fax, telephones, etc. Position will spend periods of time sitting, standing, walking, etc., as part of the normal conduct of daily business affairs. Travel of up to 20% will be required, including trips outside the United States.
Note: Philips is an equal opportunity employer
Mother and Child Care-10011403
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Philips Global - 23 months ago
Philips is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of...