This Lockheed Martin Enterprise Business Services (EBS)position is for a Systems Administrator for UNIX / Linux servers.
Position supports systems administration for UNIX / Linux servers, including configuring, installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, security patching and remediating, maintaining hardware and software for workstations and servers and upgrading of IT systems and components to provide services that enable customers to effectively apply IT to business requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing successful root cause analysis for complex problem resolution.
- Analyze and resolve complex issues, including familiarity with network routers/switches, networking, servers and desktops.
- Proactively seek assistance and escalate issues when needed.
- Performing some analysis and assessment of server performance and storage capacity and planning
- Performing routine server/workstation O/S patching, upgrades, vulnerability/security management and file system maintenance
- SAN administration, which includes monitoring the status of the SAN environment, most of which will occur after-hours and on weekends to avoid customer outages.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Resolution of service requests, incidents and day-to-day user issues per established procedures.
- Successfully installing server and related hardware.
- Successfully installing and configuring software applications and programs.
- Coaching and mentoring junior level employees
- Reporting and scheduling to senior level customers and leadership
- Supporting travel as required for business requirement
- Supporting on-call work schedule as required
- Present technical and project information to senior leadership and customers
- Embracing and demonstrating Lockheed Martin Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors in all aspects of job responsibilities.
Demonstrated experience with:
- UNIX or Linux/ server administration capabilities. Databases to include Oracle, MySQL/SQL Server.
• Hardware and software in a Research and development environment.
• Creating, tuning, maintaining virtual machines (e.g.,VMWare).
• Administering systems in a networked environment.
- Demonstrated experience with tools and mechanisms for distributing new and upgraded software
- Ability to collaborate with other senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and topology from both general and specific perspectives.
• Effective ability to communicate concepts, ideas and systems through verbal and written communication
• Demonstrated ability to document projects and provide status reports.
• Effective organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Unix or Linux certification preferred
- SAN, NAS storage solutions (e.g., NetApp)
• Red Hat CE or Solaris certification
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach junior level employees
• Proven effective oral, and written communication skills,
- Proven ability to document projects and provide status reports.
• Effective team and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to both take direction and work in a self-directed environment
- proven ability interact with all levels of staff and external contacts
• Proven effective organization and time management skills, and flexibility to handle a variety of tasks, and shift priorities.
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS2100 ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICES
50089:Tech Ops Infra Skill Ctr-Sys A
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...