Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 57,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $20.8 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
Transportation Manager 1 – International (M1)
Position located in Knoxville, TN
Manage the U.S. Export process including FCL, LCL and Air shipments to ensure quality transportation services at optimal cost. Provide leadership through carrier and service provider management, oversight of direct reports and daily work guidance for indirect reports.
• Manage and lead the transportation activity of planning shipping outbound international orders to achieve external and internal customer requirements for delivery at optimal transportation cost.
• Compile and monitor carrier and freight forwarder KPI’s to ensure execution and cost management.
• Analyze business unit and customer needs, researching available transportation shipping methods, alternative carrier costs and carrier on-time delivery performance.
• Provide specific operational direction to carriers and other service providers utilizing broad knowledge of operations and service capability and thorough understanding of KCC expectations.
• Provide coordination of shipment activity with staff and mill distribution to maximize completeness and timeliness of shipments, considering varying limitations in stock availability and loading capacity.
• Interprets laws, rules and regulations regarding international shipping and ensures compliance with US export controls.
• Achieve results using Continuous Improvement principles and tools to expose waste and drive problem solving.
Skills and Traits:
• A strong independent initiative to take action without being asked
• An ability to analyze complex circumstances and develop an effective course of action
• An ability to establish an organized approach to execute responsibilities
• An orientation to take clear ownership of responsibilities
• An ability to apply Lean principles towards continuous improvement of a process
• An ability to collaborate and leverage resources to achieve results
• Bachelors degree
• 5+ years of applicable experience
• Strong communication skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Global transportation experience
• i2/TMS knowledge
• Import and/or export compliance experience
Send your resume today! E-mail (MS Word attachment): www.kimberly-clark.com
Equal opportunity employer
Please apply at:
http://www.kimberly-clark.com/careers/careers.aspx Requisition 18374
Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with well-known brands that matter every day – at home, school, work and on the go....