Universal Orlando |
Merchandise Vendors walk the walk and talk the talk by enticing and demonstrating various merchandise items to guests. Be a “know-it-all” for our guests by offering information on a variety of merchandise choices throughout our parks such as Squeeze Breezes to sunscreen or even Glow in the Dark items.
Merchandise Vendors at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Selling merchandise items to guests from various locations around the theme park.
- Operating a POS (Point of sale) register, cash handling and stocking.
- Maintaining service area including the replenishment of merchandise.
- Upholding guest/customer service standards.
- Interacting positively with guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Merchandise Vendor successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Merchandise Vendor job.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is a job requirement.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior cash handling preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Merchandise Vendor job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; walk; talk or hear; handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The individual is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The individual must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is generally routine with established precedents, practices and procedures. A detailed understanding of work unit is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is Moderate to Loud Noise.