Resource Planning Analytics Manager-24765
Xcel Energy has an opportunity for a Resource Planning Analytics Manager to join our Resource Planning team. This position will be located in Denver, CO.
Responsible for managing the modeling and analysis functions associated with performing the resource planning activities for all four operating companies. Supervise the development and maintenance of the Company's Strategist/PROMOD resource planning models, ensuring the models accurately represent the Company's existing generation portfolio, the generation options for the future, and the emission profiles for each company. Manage the development, maintenance, and documentation of the model's input data and assumptions to ensure consistent use of data. Supervise the development and evaluation of multiple portfolio scenarios, including supply and demand-side resource options, retirement options, and emission related projects. Review modeling results for accuracy and provide adequate documentation of assumptions, analysis, and decisions.
- Manage the development, maintenance and use of the Strategist models. Ensure that the models accurately represent the current generation portfolios and emission profiles. Make sure the models are ready to be used in analyzing a number of generation options on an ongoing basis and that is quick to respond to requests. Complete all Strategist analysis as required.
- Manage the need to continuously update the models input files and operating data. Ensure the accuracy of the base models and the data contained in the models. Perform comparison analysis with other models used by the Company and back cast the performance of Strategist against actual results. Ensure there is consistency of data used across all operating companies and provide support for rate cases and corporate budgeting
- Review and validate the model output and analysis ensuring the accuracy of the analysis being completed. Provide direct management oversight on the review of modeling analysis, emphasizing the importance of timely and accurate analysis.
- Manage the documentation of resource decisions and RFP analysis, including the assumptions used in the analysis, the options considered, and the results (decisions) that were obtained.
- Complete other financial and regulatory analysis as required.
- Perform the management functions of the department including the development of personnel.
Primary Location: CO-Denver
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business
- 5 years direct experience in planning, operations and modeling of electric generation systems using the Strategist model or equivalent analytical tools
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy - 2 years ago
Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity to 3.4...