As an ExploreLearning Data Analyst, you will help evolve best-of-breed data-driven learning solutions through analysis of large-scale pedagogical data generated from product usage.
Essential Job Functions:
1)Analyze large-scale data sets to uncover opportunities for system improvement and to answer specific research questions.
2)Deeply understand complex system logic and propose enhancements that will lead to improved effectiveness and/or efficiency.
3)Communicate complex analyses in a clear, precise and actionable manner.
4)Provide specifications and quality assurance support for pedagogical system enhancements.
Additional Job Functions:
1)Work effectively within a small R & D team and in collaboration with the development team.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Bachelor's degree in quantitative field, or significant undergraduate / graduate coursework in quantitative analysis
2. 1+ years experience in quantitative analysis, with portfolio
3. Solid understanding of statistics, research design, and relevant techniques (e.g., A/B testing)
4. Basic programming ability in at least one general-purpose computer language (e.g., Python, Java, C#)
5. 1+ years experience writing code to perform customized data analyses using tools such as R, Python
6. Demonstrated ability to master new tools and technologies quickly
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
8. A passion for educational technology and STEM education
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
1.Graduate coursework in quantitative analysis
2.Experience analyzing discrete systems
3.Experience with educational data mining, learning analytics and/or psychometrics
4.Experience with educational software design/development, preferably in a data-driven product development model