As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Identifies system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, provides cost and risk advice, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Ensures designs are compatible with the architecture and allocates requirements to segments. Analyzes science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software. May mentor junior engineers and software developers.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Provide tier III support.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Estimate software development costs and schedule. Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improve current techniques.
- Apply the concept of operations set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of the organization.
- Adheres to Enterprise CM policies.
- Develop analytical and computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions.
- Perform strategic systems planning, business information planning, business and analysis.
- Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools.
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
- Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts.
- Tests, debugs, and refines the computer software to produce the required product.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met.
- Apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles and business process modernization projects.
- Apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
- Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
Candidate must have one of the following:
- 12 Years of job related experience and a High School/GED diploma
- 10 Years of job related experience and an Associate degree
- 8 Years of job related experience and a Bachelors degree
- 6 Years of job related experience and a Masters degree
- 4 Years of job related experience and a Doctorate
Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008
Microsoft Active Directory
Microsoft Group Policy
Microsoft Exchange 2007
Microsoft Windows XP client
Other Desired Skills
Deploying/managing servers in virtualized (VMWare) environment
Microsoft SQL Server maintenance
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
NAS/SAN Storage (specifically NeApp vFiler exposure)
Microsoft SharePoint infrastructure
Microsoft Windows 7 client
Organizations CORE HOURS from 0900 - 1500
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 20 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...