The Career Services Advisor is instrumental in the execution and delivery of services offered by the Career Services Department: Student/ Graduate Job Search coaching and Employer Development/ Qualified Job Generation. Such activities are equally important and should be incorporated into the work schedule accordingly.
- Contact employers to develop cooperative partnership including, but not limited to: identifying viable job opportunities for Heald students, advisory board membership, internship/externship program participation, non field of study in school jobs, career fair participation, guest speaking, etc.
- Provide employers with information in a variety of areas: Heald career services, program outcomes, and the internship/externship program.
- Match appropriate resumes to job orders, and distribute resumes promptly.
- Assist employers in facilitating hiring process: contacting students, graduates, and alumni
Student and Graduate Management
- Participate as needed in local area trade shows and networking events.
- Advise students, graduates, and alumni in job search strategies, resume writing and interviewing.
- Conduct Pre-Graduation Career Services Graduate Workshop.
- Research and communicate current job postings to active candidates on a regular basis
- Prepare email and written communication to students, graduates, and campus community.
- Participate in Professional Development course.
- Maintain graduate files, inclusive of: final resume, cover letter, thank you letter, interview activity, graduate registration form, deferral form (if applicable), cover letter
- Assist in maintenance of employer contracts including Federal Work Study and Internship. (varies per campus)
- Assist in updating and maintaining graduation success board (Wall of Fame).
- Assist in coordination Federal Work Study hiring on campus (varies per campus)
- Assist with preparation of the campus career services events (internship orientation, graduation seminar, job fairs, advisory boards, etc.)
- Input, update and maintain all job orders and student records in database system or alternative record keeping process.
- Other duties as assigned may include, but not limited to, Advisory Board Coordination and/ or assistance, Graduation coordination assistance and/ or participation, Awards Ceremony attendance and New Student Orientation participation.
An Associate degree or comparable experience (0 - 1+ years) in sales, recruiting, and/or employment staffing is required.
This position must work well with others and interact well with students.
Sense of urgency, customer service and reliability are required.
Corinthian Colleges - 18 months ago
Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students as of June...