Provides oversight for multiple hospital departments in the absence of unit management. Addresses patient care, staffing, and any other issues that may arise. Supervises nurses and staff and takes administrative responsibilities. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications :
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN or enrollment and continuous progression towards completion of a BSN program OR Healthcare related field required. Minimum 2- 5 years acute care experience required. Minimum of 1-year charge nurse experience required. Previous experience as a charge nurse or supervisor in a setting related to clinical program requirements preferred (i.e. acute care for an inpatient department). Licensure in the State of Idaho as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN). BLS Required. Current AHA Healthcare provider, American Red Cross, AHA Health Saver or KMC BLS within 60 days of hire. Crisis prevention training, or must acquire within 6 months of employment, required.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
· On feet a minimum of 2-4 hours, depending on length of shift.
· Occasional stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy equipment up to 35 pounds.
· Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
· Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
· Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
· KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year, operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
Kootenai Health - 17 months ago