Holland, Inc., a recognized leader in the transportation industry is in search of a Area Sales Manager for the Northern Illinois area. The primary objective of the Area Sales Manager is to lead, manage, develop a team of outside sales professionals; to develop and execute sales, market and supply chain strategies to maximizee profitable growth opportunities within the team; to collaborate with the Area Director Sales to build a work class sales infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all aspects of staffing for outside sales including recruiting, selection, hiring, and placement.
- Utilize the Performance Management Process to improve employee performance through coaching and feedback, addressing development needs and career development.
- Review analysis of sales activity, costs and forecast data to determine progress towards area and company revenue and profit goal.
- Partner with Area Director of Sales to manage budget and develop the areas portfolio to insure all revenue, profit, and service goals are achieved. Lead sales team to develop strategic accounts that support the growth of profitable parterships.
- Execute yield management and pricing strategies to assure profitable business growth.
- Bachelor's degree or proven sales work experience.
- Minimum 5 years direct sales experience.
- Minimum 3 years sales and management experience. Experience in the transportation industry preferred.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal client relationship skills.
- Travel required.
YRC Worldwide stands for more than Your Regional Carrier. Operating through subsidiaries, the holding company offers not only US regional...