Inside Sales Representative - Energy Efficiency-23324
Xcel Energy has opportunities in Eau Claire, WI and Denver, CO for Inside Sales Representatives to join our team! Individuals with knowledge and experience with demand side management and/or energy efficiency programs are preferred.
The position of Inside Sales Rep is accountable for managing the CIP-DSM relationship with assigned mid market commercial customers. The objective of this position is to drive high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty through effective implementation of CIP-DSM Sales strategies including collaborative planning and delivery of the demand side management programs and responding to customer needs through both inbound/outbound calling and other channels of influence - email, on-site visits. Develop responsive relationships with business customers, providing them with detailed information, recommendations and solutions concerning their energy utilization needs. Responsible for sales and customer satisfaction goals. Proactive contact with customers via telephone, e-mail and other electronic mediums. Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will need to work both independently and in a team environment on current projects and new business opportunities.
- Promote and sell CIP-DSM products and services to commercial customers. Obtain resources to meet their needs in conjunction with the field sales staff, BSC representatives, or third-party providers. Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with customers. Convert inbound calls into closed CIP-DSM opportunities. Negotiate contracts with small and mid-sized businesses in designated territory. Responsible for prospecting, lead generation, and for meeting or exceeding monthly sales quota. Follow up on all leads within assigned geographic territory from various marketing campaigns and from inbound calls received through other channels and develop them into prospects by communicating CIP-DSM value proposition tailored to their needs. Proactively cold-call target prospects and leads, opening a line of communication with key contacts to create interest in CIP-DSM solutions and services. Build rapport with key contacts by utilizing a consultative approach.
- Responsible for accurately reporting and documenting all contacts, and engaging in proper and timely follow-up with prospective clients. Consistent capture of customer contacts/needs via Siebel sales tracking software or CRS as needed. Create an accurate map of prospects, identify their primary business situation, decision-makers and profile their decision making process. Meticulously record activities in Siebel/CRS tool regarding conversations with various prospects to build a accurate database of useful information.
- Keep abreast of new product development and selling techniques applicable to business-to-business marketing by attending trade shows, reading technical publications, internet sources, networking, and accepting development opportunities. Identify new business opportunities.
Primary Location: Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- College degree preferred. 3-5 years of sales, marketing, or customer service experience and proven results.
- Experience working with Commercial Customers a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, working knowledge of marketing programs, applicable rates and Customer Resource System (CRS) and Siebel desired.
- Ability to work with multiple computer environments while talking on the phone, demonstrated high levels of customer focus, teamwork skills, work plan initiative.
Other Locations: Wisconsin-Eau Claire, CO-Denver
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy - 2 years ago
Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity to 3.4...