Under the direction of supervisor, responsible for receiving, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts in stockroom, warehouse and yard.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains all inventory in a secure and orderly manner with appropriate controls as outlined in the Company's inventory control guidelines.
- Distributes supplies and equipment from storage, upon authorized request, and returns them to proper place after use.
- Performs shipping and receiving function, including lifting and carrying loads of up to 70 lbs.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established Company procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels, ordering supplies and equipment in a timely manner.
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial action to resolve discrepancies.
- Compiles converter, modem and other applicable inventory reports.
- Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Performs other duties as required. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent, with some technical and general business training.
- Proficient in the creation of MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in each area of the warehouse and the flow of work.
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish duties without close supervision
- Knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and its implications in the implementation of job responsibilities.
- Ability to develop and implement a simple record-keeping procedure.
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully, yet convincingly, with other employees.
- With or without accommodation, physical ability to lift and carry loads up to 70 lbs.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Cablevision Systems Corp. - 2 years ago
Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite...