This position is responsible for designing and drafting structural and mechanical products as needed to meet production schedules and standards in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, directing work, assisting with complaints and resolving problems. Some travel may be required.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Works injury free, achieves an injury-free working environment, and maintains the highest Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards in our industry.
- Strives for continuous improvement in worker safety and is dedicated to ensuring that each employee understands, and acts in accordance with, the company's HSE policies.
- Works with high integrity and complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Leads team to meet production schedule and standards.
- Ensures care and safety of employees.
- Ensures employees adhere to company rules and regulations.
- Monitors and controls the flow of work of Drafters and Designers.
- Performs product development activities including designs, interpretation and implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements.
- Provides existing product line support in design activities and/or modification of hardware in production.
- Specifies components.
- Generates Bills of Materials.
- Documents the project with "as built" drawings, as required.
- Provides technical support for fabrication and assembly as needed.
- Assists Drafters in developing the design of products.
- Prepares and carries out original or adaptations to designs and design changes.
- Prepares sketches and completes detail and layout drawings.
- Creates layouts of components, calculates stack-up of detail components.
- May prepare supporting documentation.
- Trains or coaches employees.
- Assures employee have parts and prints to perform duties.
- Promptly reports issues to management.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) in Computer Aided Drafting, or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses or other Registrations
Tools, Technology and Equipment
- Ability to use CAD software required.
- Ability to use MRP systems preferred.
- Ability to create schematics, bills of material, specifications, customer and manufacturing documentation.
- Excellent communication with people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Cameron - 18 months ago
Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry equipment,...