Under general supervision of the Health Information Management Director, oversee the coordination, quality and approval of new and revised ACH clinical forms, ensuring regulatory and legal compliance. Establish and maintain an effective strategy for the forms approval process utilizing internal databases and communication tools. Coordinate the approval process with document owners & oversight groups. Serve as staff to any oversight groups connected to forms review and approval.
- In collaboration with key owners and stakeholders, oversee the development and approval process of all ACH forms.
- Ensure documentation quality and compliance with regulatory agencies and legal standards.
- Establish and maintain an effective review and approval process for new and revised forms, encompassing electronic and paper.
- Proactively analyze forms with regard to patient safety, standardization, and transition to the EMR.
- Identify and assess problems and communicate with forms originator; recommend resolutions as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Ensure that form documentation expectations are achieved.
- Assess problematic situations; identify relevant information to determine their importance and urgency for HIM Director involvement.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with ACH leadership as well as with key professionals in various disciplines.
- Foster effective team building between diverse interest groups within ACH, successfully advising standardization, simplicity, and uniformity of practice.
- Demonstrate expertise in managing sensitive and complex communications, both oral and written.
- Ensure that approved new and revised forms are effectively communicated organization-wide.
- Integrate and organize forms into a quality-focused, coherent structure.
- Develop an index of all forms.
- Develop and enforce a standard format for forms.
- Maintain database of forms, actions, issues, and responses.
- Operate within the annual departmental and capital equipment budget.
- Set priorities and develop a work schedule to effectively progress towards specified goals.
- Analyze trends and conduct research for development and revision of forms.
- Actively participate on organizational committees and workgroups.
- Attend Improvement University and incorporate concepts into aspects of the job to improve quality and efficiency of forms and processes.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
• Field of Study: Clinical or legal background
• Experience Substitution: Or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2 years total experience required
• which includes 2 years of leadership (management, supervisory) or project management experience
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) (Certification)
• or Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) (Certification) or RN License (AR or Compact State)
Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, demonstrating ability to deal effectively with all echelons of ACH employees who may exhibit strong and divergent opinions and positions.
Must possess strong analytical skills.
Must possess thorough knowledge of electronic-based records systems, able to create organized techniques for tracking documentation.
Must possess working knowledge of leadership principles and ethical standards and exhibit them.
Must possess demonstrated ability to attend to detail in an organized structure.
Must possess demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, multi-faceted environment.
Understanding of ACH Culture and Systems
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 2 years ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...