kate spade new york draws women into a world that's culturally curious, intellectually playful, quick-witted and strong. our graceful, exuberant approach to the everyday is evident in all of our product: handbags and clothing, jewelry, shoes, stationery, eyewear, baby, fragrance, tabletop, bedding and gifts.
we have over 45 retail shops and 40 outlet stores across the united states; 94 shops internationally, and our colorful products are sold in more than 400 doors worldwide in every time zone. whether in san francisco, sao paulo or shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting. we help women express their personal style with charm and a dash of rebellion – she lives her life colorfully.
welcome to the world of kate spade new york!
• collaborate with design director to develop seasonal strategic handbag concepts
• design and sketch ksny handbags communicated by design director
• execute specs
• work with design director and creative to execute hardware specs for production and work independent of the design director to correct hardware samples
• understanding of fabric printing process (ie: determine repeats, screening vs. roller....) in order to review and correct
• work with product development team to communicate material and component requests to factories
• travel to factories twice a year to correct samples in development and review production approval samples
• work with vendors to find aesthetically appropriate solutions to construction issues as they pertain to qc and pricing
• anticipate development challenges and work with pd team to resolve construction or material issues.
• execute corrections based on requests from design leadership or pd (based on manufacturing requirements) as directed
• 6+ years of experience in handbag design
• responsiveness and flexibility
• highly detail oriented
• computer literate: photoshop, illustrator
• technical spec ability
• gracious and confident communication style
• highly organized
• ability to make and communicate thoughtful, timely and independent decisions
Kate Spade & Company
- 2 years ago - save job