Our client, an established, financially stable company based in Wisconsin ( Beloit / Janesville / Madison area ) needs a Sr. Back End Java Developer for a long-term contract with potential for contract to hire. The candidate will be responsible for coding, designing, participating in requirements and analysis, and possibly mentoring junior programmers. You will use open source technologies, which are proven in the real world, integrate them into new and existing applications, and create reusable classes to be packaged into common libraries. Great opportunity to work with great technologies such as Groovy and Grails.
You will utilize XML schemas to back POJO's for immediate integration with web services, legacy systems, SQL Server 2012, and JSP's. You will work closely with networking and mainframe teams to support a wide array of multi-platform systems. In addition, the selected candidate will participate in project planning meetings, leading implementation planning meetings, and defining programming tasks and estimates for project iterations.
* Must be a self-starter, be able to work alone and in a team environment, possess strong communication skills, and contribute to a positive team spirit.
* Strong experience with MVC frameworks, including Spring MVC and Struts.
* Must have developed Hibernate based applications and have a firm understanding of Hibernate concepts.
* Must have some experience with Grails / Groovy OR must be able to demonstrate willingness and recent experience learning during off hours.
* Must have web services and/or REST experience.
* Excellent understanding of application servers, multi-tier architectures ( presentation to persistence ).
* Extremely strong core Java coding skills, including an understanding of optimization, performance and object-oriented design ( OOD ).
* Experience with Java 1.5 / 1.6, SVN and Eclipse / STS.
* Understanding of system architecture and design including clustering, scalability and monitoring.
* Strong understanding of dependency injection, AOP and Spring security concepts.
* Familiarity with XML binding frameworks, such as XMLBeans, Castor or JAXB.
* Knowledge of Annotation-driven programming.
* Familiarity with writing stored procedures and adhoc SQL queries.
* Understanding of Apache Camel and Solr is a great plus.
* Installation and configuration of Apache web server and Tomcat in mod_jk on RHEL, Fedora and Debian.